Instituted on September 1st 1937 by the Commander in Chief Colonel General Werner von Fritsch , awarded for successful completion of the a parachutist training course to the members of the German Army’s Fallschirm-Infanterie Kompanie. Manufactured by the firm C. E. Juncker of Berlin.
A very striking design produced in aluminium (as pictured) and later zinc. A scarce badge.
Fallschirmschützenabzeichen des Heeres
A period magazine from October 1938 announces the new badge. The first pattern from the manufacturer Juncker of Berlin.
An original cuff-title of FJR-1